SWG & Media Filter Size Recommandation---Perth, Australia

ZOELIU

Jan 28, 2014
Perth Australia
Hi,

I am new to the forum, and hopefully any of you guys can help me find the correct size/type of media filter and SWG, as the one we are having is not working properly anymore. At the moment, we are just constainly putting the chemical into the pool to maintain the balance.

We live in Perth, Western Australia, which is very hot n dry in summer(some days can reach 41~43 degree), and reasonably cold in winter with rain (0 degree is as low as we would get, normally around 5~15 degree). My backyard is full of trees, and quiet sandy, therefore we get lots of debris, leafs, sand into our pool. There are only me and my partner using the pool, max. is 1hr/day. I am not really a pool person, I clean it more than I use it(the pool was there when we bought the house).

Now let's talk about the pool

-60,000 Litre (~15,850 G) IG concrete pool, I believe it was built in the late 80s, early 90s
-Prolite SQI 600 single speed, output 1.1KW, input 1.45KW, Pump max.: 18m/180kpa, F.L.R.P.M. 2840
-24" austral sand filter---Going to replace it
-SWG, cannot find the brand---Going to replace it

Ideally, we don't want to change the pump at this stage, as it's still working fine, but we do want to reduce the time of running the equipment to 6hr in summer, and 3~4 hrs in winter to reduce power bill, in order to do so,

*how many gram/hr of SWG would you recommend?(self-cleaning model, manual adjust, no digital)
*what size of media filter would you recommend to suit the existing pump and environment we have here?(Zelbrite)

Any help would be appreciated.........

Hi there.... Firstly welcome to TFP... :) I'm Australian too.... :)

Get yourself a really good test kit... It will have to be a Taylors 2006 kit as we can't get the TF100's here.... Once you test your water and post results, we will be able to help you... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.