Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG & Media Filter Size Recommandation---Perth, Australia

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG & Media Filter Size Recommandation---Perth, Australia

Hi,

I am new to the forum, and hopefully any of you guys can help me find the correct size/type of media filter and SWG, as the one we are having is not working properly anymore. At the moment, we are just constainly putting the chemical into the pool to maintain the balance.

We live in Perth, Western Australia, which is very hot n dry in summer(some days can reach 41~43 degree), and reasonably cold in winter with rain (0 degree is as low as we would get, normally around 5~15 degree). My backyard is full of trees, and quiet sandy, therefore we get lots of debris, leafs, sand into our pool. There are only me and my partner using the pool, max. is 1hr/day. I am not really a pool person, I clean it more than I use it(the pool was there when we bought the house).

Now let's talk about the pool

-60,000 Litre (~15,850 G) IG concrete pool, I believe it was built in the late 80s, early 90s
    -Prolite SQI 600 single speed, output 1.1KW, input 1.45KW, Pump max.: 18m/180kpa, F.L.R.P.M. 2840
    -24" austral sand filter---Going to replace it
    -SWG, cannot find the brand---Going to replace it

Ideally, we don't want to change the pump at this stage, as it's still working fine, but we do want to reduce the time of running the equipment to 6hr in summer, and 3~4 hrs in winter to reduce power bill, in order to do so,

*how many gram/hr of SWG would you recommend?(self-cleaning model, manual adjust, no digital)
    *what size of media filter would you recommend to suit the existing pump and environment we have here?(Zelbrite)

Any help would be appreciated.........
    60K LITRE, CONCRETE PAINTED INGROUND, KIDNEY SHAPE, 1.1KW(1.5HP) OUTPUT POOLRITE SQI 600, 24" E600 SAND FILTER (GOING TO BE REPLACED), SWG: DON'T KNOW BRAND(GOING TO BE REPLACED)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG & Media Filter Size Recommandation---Perth, Australia

Maybe i shouldn't put the question under here, will move to "Just getting started"
    60K LITRE, CONCRETE PAINTED INGROUND, KIDNEY SHAPE, 1.1KW(1.5HP) OUTPUT POOLRITE SQI 600, 24" E600 SAND FILTER (GOING TO BE REPLACED), SWG: DON'T KNOW BRAND(GOING TO BE REPLACED)

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Hi there.... Firstly welcome to TFP... I'm Australian too....

Get yourself a really good test kit... It will have to be a Taylors 2006 kit as we can't get the TF100's here.... Once you test your water and post results, we will be able to help you...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

4. Back To Top    #4

i have a lincoln 25 gram cell and need to run at least 6-8 hours in summer even with 55 CYA, 50,000 litres inground
    i find 6 hours at 100 percent equals 3ppm chlorine in my pool
    so i would suggest at least a 35 gram cell
    SWG inground peanut shaped eco-bright concrete pool
    50,000 litres 13,000 gallons
    Lincoln Salt Chlorinator, 25 gram cell Sand Filter with glass media
    Taylor K2006-C test kit, Taylor K-1766 salt test, Dolphin M500 pool cleaner
    are you taking care of your pool or is the poolshop taking care of you