No Flow ???

Feb 22, 2014
Florida
Hello all :-D
I'm new to the forum and new to salt water pools.
I just bought a new home (not new, new to me) it has an Aqua Rite salt water system. (2006)
I don't know how long since it worked to generate chlorine.
Panel light for No Flow remains lit. Here is what I did so far :
1- At the advice of a pool pro I changed the flow sensor (the thing with the phone plug)
The old one looked ok but I changed it anyway
STILL NO FLOW
2- I replaced Turbo Cell ( I found the old one was original from 2006 when I removed It to check and clean.
STILL NO FLOW
3- I replaced the component on the circuit board (the round thing the size of a nickel, it's called a "Current Limiter Inrush 2 OHM 25a) I saw on U-Tube that It's a common failure.
STILL says No Flow :confused:
What next ???????
If I had known up front that I needed a complete New System I may have just converted it back to a Chlorine Pool, but now I'm into it for $500
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

Keep in mind a "Salt Water Pool" is the same as a "Chlorine Pool." The SWG produces the chlorine automatically, or you can use liquid chlorine to achieve the same end result. I suggest using liquid chlorine for now to maintain your water until you are able to work out all the issues with your SWG. No need to let your water turn green for no reason.

I've been doing exactly that. I'm just running out of ideas :(
I have gotten conflicting opinions regarding saltwater systems.
A friend who owns a pool service (on the other side of the state) tells his customers that when the Cell goes (avg. 5yrs) to replace the whole system because the board will fail next. That sounds NUTZ !!!!
I will say that my last pool (Chlorine) was bullet proof for the 15 yrs I had it. No Aggravation at all.
This thing has me ****** off 24/7

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.