Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Skimmer Clashes with the Polaris

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Skimmer Clashes with the Polaris

Is there something you can put on the Polaris Pool Vacuum to keep the hose beneath the surface of the water ? My Solar Skimmer does a beautiful job on the surface, until it run into the Polaris hose. It then hangs up on the Polaris hose. Lately I have been taking the Polaris out of the pool, while the Solar Skimmer is working, but it would be easier to leave both in the water. One to clean the bottom and the other clean the surface. Thank you
    9800 in ground Pebble Tech Freeform. Waterfall and weeping walls. 2.0HP Jandy E Pump, Jandy 160 GMP Feature Pump, PB4-60 Cleaner Pump, 48 Sq. Ft. Jandy DE filter, Aqualink with PDA, Fusion Chlorine, Delta UV Sterilizer, Auto Fill, Polaris 3900, Anti Freeze Protection.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar Skimmer Clashes with the Polaris

I can't make a good suggestion for having them both in at the same time. I think anything you did to sink the line would interfere with the cleaner. I know you don't want to hear it, but you might consider a robot instead of the pressure cleaner.

Sorry I cant make a better suggestion.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr