Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have a water leak out of pump and need help with part

1. Back To Top    #1

Have a water leak out of pump and need help with part

Hi, I looked up my pump, it's a SP4010NS by Hayward and found a diagram here of all parts, http://www.poolpartsonline.com/popup...26size%3dlarge

The problem is the place that water is leaking from doesn't have a number or part... It is coming from the pipe right over the Hayward writing. It screws in and something is loose, an O ring probably needs replacing but I have no idea what to call it. Any help?
    Beachinmoney, live in AZ, Pool is inground approx. 14,500 gallons of water. I have a Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump. The pool was built in 2006 and Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Filter System. A&A in-ground cleaning system

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Have a water leak out of pump and need help with part

Did you try to tighten the flange nut? sometimes they loosen a bit from the vibration. If that is not it, unscrew it and see what condition the seal is in under there. Probably just an O ring that can be purchased from a hardware store.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Have a water leak out of pump and need help with part

Will try that. Just don't know what to call the part for the O ring as there is no part listed for this. Thank you.
    Beachinmoney, live in AZ, Pool is inground approx. 14,500 gallons of water. I have a Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump. The pool was built in 2006 and Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Filter System. A&A in-ground cleaning system