Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vertical pole holders?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vertical pole holders?

Currently I have a horizontal holder that I hang my poles on, but it is only meant to hold one pole and I cram two on it. Problem is...I have 4 poles and plan to get more. I hate changing from the net to the corner brush, the whale tail, the wire brush, etc. So I like to have each tool on its own pole. I am running out of horizontal space so I plan to go vertical but I haven't seen any holders for them. Tip- don't Google vertical pole holders. I have though about just drilling a hole and hanging them on nails but my house is nicer than that. So...what have you guys done in your own pool area? I will go grab another beer and wait. why is there not a beer smiley?
    Jay...12,500 gallon freeform pool and attached spa w/ Bullfrog Oscillator & ClusterSpray Jetpaks
    Jandy 2hp VS pump(main), Jandy 2hp Stealth pump(Jetpaks), Jandy 1hp Stealth pump(water features) Jandy CL-580 filter, Jandy Watercolors LED lighting, Jandy Aqualink RS8(revision MM) w/Aquapalm, Autelis Controller, Onetouch controller, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy LXi 400k heater, Paramount PV3 6 zone infloor cleaning system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vertical pole holders?

Are you looking to mount them on the house, or have them free standing? (Or maybe something else I have not thought of?)

Fayetteville, NY -17K gal, IG vinyl, Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo Variable Speed Pump, FlowVis Flow Meter, Sand filter
    Self designed Arduino powered automation for pump and solar control, Solar Attic Pool Heater, AutoPilot Digital SWG, TF100

3. Back To Top    #3

Doing a google search turned up several options. You might have better luck broadening your search outside the pool industry. Boats use multiple pole hangers. Try a search term like pole hangers for boat.

Check the diameter of the poles to find the right holders.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have something like this for my central vac:
    407W_50.jpg

Not sure how well it would hold up outside.

http://builtinvacuum.com/accessories/storage.html (scroll down a little)

I've also seen holders like this:

But I'm not sure how big of a pole it can hold. (Sorry for the huge image, I couldn't find a way to resize without going through the hassle of downloading, resizing, and uploading again.)

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CB6W1QW?psc=1
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

5. Back To Top    #5

I think a wall mounted broom/utility holder would be your best bet. If there is a large hardware store such as Lowes or Home Depot nearby they usually have poles and other pool supplies in the garden area and broom holders in the storage and organization area. Grab a few broom holders and see if they will hold a pole or not and you can decide what to do next from there.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I have a couple of the grey tension style holders (like you see in large image) in my tool shed, And they do not hold up. I think 3 out of the 10 slots are still functional. I like the design concept, But the little spring tension mechanism thing that holds handle in place is flawed. I do not recommend this product
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_k View Post
    I have something like this for my central vac:
    407W_50.jpg

Not sure how well it would hold up outside.

http://builtinvacuum.com/accessories/storage.html (scroll down a little)

I've also seen holders like this:

But I'm not sure how big of a pole it can hold. (Sorry for the huge image, I couldn't find a way to resize without going through the hassle of downloading, resizing, and uploading again.)

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CB6W1QW?psc=1

7. Back To Top    #7

why is there not a beer smiley?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, There used to be beer smiley, But a few smileys were light weights, They overindulged, one of them got behind the wheel of a smiley car and....well, some smileys were injured in the accident, forcing the removal of all "beer drinking" smileys from site. Theres still a couple "rouge" smileys that have managed to circumvent the system. heres a few of the smileys that were permanently effected from the accident

8. Back To Top    #8

I had my husband mount some of those rubber coated bike hangers (a C shaped hook meant to hold bikes from ceilings and such) to the walls in our pool house. Two poles fit nicely and it keeps them upright yet quickly grab-able. Cheap yet not cheesy cheap looking, y'know?

- - - Updated - - -
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain