Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: iAqualink and PDA

1. Back To Top    #1

iAqualink and PDA

I have a new pool that was setup with iAqualink and a PDA. The PDA appears to be the main controller and the app on iPad or iPhone only allows me to do basic things. I contacted iAqualink and asked why I couldn't control my pool as I see in their app example on-line (set up programs, one touch controls, pump speeds, etc) they came back and told me I would need an RS chip in order to make this work. I asked about whether or not I would need to replace the board and they said no.

My questions is, what kind of job is it to replace a chip? Is it as simple as taking off the board, removing the old chip and installing this one - much like a chip on a PC motherboard? Or, is there some additional programming and stuff that has to be done.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: iAqualink and PDA

Just make sure that whoever you get the chip from includes the tool to remove the (current) chip. Then it is just a matter of lining up the flat corner in the socket. I do know that the PDA has its own chip designation so it can talk to the MB. You may loose function of the PDA with this U/G. It has been so long since i have had to replace a chip, so you really should call Jandy back and ask about the PDA side of this.

Good Luck.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: iAqualink and PDA

I was under the impression that the PDA would then function as just a nominal controller, which is fine because it's so darn slow it's almost worthless to me.