Pentair Racer ?

cnatra

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 2, 2014
Houston TX
Anyone have experience with the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Racer ?

www.pentairpool.com/products/cleane...r-pressure-side-inground-pool-cleaner-469.htm

My PB listed a Polaris 280 in the quote & I was happy with that because I know that cleaner has been around about 30yrs

Well when they dropped off all the equipment the other day for the plumbers & electricians the Pentair Racer was the there instead

I'm open to going with the Pentair unless it's got a poor record for reliability &/or performance

Thanks

We've been using the racer now for the last 2 weeks and love it. It does a great job getting all the leaves that fall to the bottom of the pool, no need for a very expensive in pool cleaner. We haven't had any problems with it getting caught up in the hose. You just have to make sure your hose isn't longer than your pool. I don't have any experience with other pool cleaners so I don't know how it compares to the other cleaners but this one has been great so far. It even picks up all the little rocks from the sand and dirt that collect on the bottom of the pool. The bag is super easy to remove and clean out too.

So far it's been good.

The kids like watching it run at night with it's little LED light too.

Any other thoughts on the Racer? I like that it has the rubber scrubber to pick up the small stuff and scrape the pool.

Pentair is also offering a $200 rebate right now which is very enticing...

I need a new cleaner now and my pool is getting re - plastered next week.

I think the Racer does an OK job so far with most medium to large debris (which I get very little of in my pool) but it's not so great at sucking up dirt & finer sand off the bottom of the pool

In fact I think my Polaris 280 (15yrs ago) with the fine mesh silt bag did better with dirt&sand

I want a Dolphin :p

I bought the Racer last week and will start using it in a few weeks. Just replastered the pool and am filling it today and you aren't supposed to run a sweep for awhile. I will report back. Anything will be better than the previous owners worn out legend2.

I bought a new Racer about a month ago. I previously had a Polaris. To say that I am dissatisfied would be an understatement! I can watch the Racer roll over debris in the pool and never pick it up. I would not buy another Racer.

I have a Racer in our 6 month old pool and it does a great job. The mesh bag is fine enough to catch all the fine particles. I have to clean the inside of the bag out weekly with a strong water hose to get all the JUNK that gets picked up. We live on a golf course and it even picks up golf balls! I also like the front rubber scrubber brush to brush as it cleans. The $200 rebate was still valid as of 3 months ago. One thing I had to do was to adjust the pressure valve on the wall to increase waterflow to Racer to get wheels to turn the specified # of turns. In fact I increased past that recommended point! I also had to adjust the water oulet jet on the Racer to help it climb walls. I also added the " tire bumpers" to help it climb walls. It climbs like a little monkey now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.