Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone else anxious for 2014 pool openings?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone else anxious for 2014 pool openings?

WOW, what what a winter here in MD. I am seeing my safety cover for what feels like the first time since last Nov (exaggeration).

It was a brutal cold winter, I am hoping everything came out of it ok. My hope is late next month to crack it open and start the assessment.

Is anyone else getting antsy ready to start the season?
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone else anxious for 2014 pool openings?

Yes, I have already started watching the temperature start to slowly creep up on the pool, just waiting for the next cold front to knock it back down now though
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes indeed! Current pool temp is 68. In 2 weeks it'll be 89 (for at least 7 days)
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Northern VA here and I cannot wait to get started. I already have plans to clean my heater burner assembly and some tile work on the waterfall. This will be my second season with BBB and I cannot wait to get started.

I will be taking a look under the cover shortly to see how the water looks, hopefully still clear.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Northern VA here and I cannot wait to get started. I already have plans to clean my heater burner assembly and some tile work on the waterfall. This will be my second season with BBB and I cannot wait to get started.

I will be taking a look under the cover shortly to see how the water looks, hopefully still clear.
    Last I looked was about a month ago, it was clear but frozen solid. No clue how far down it was frozen, but it felt very solid!
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

7. Back To Top    #7

Yeah, but I'm a little worried too. We've already had several members reporting freeze damage. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a widespread problem when people start opening.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Yeah, but I'm a little worried too. We've already had several members reporting freeze damage. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a widespread problem when people start opening.
    definitely my worry too. I suspect the cost of pool parts will be climbing!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    The one time I'm happy I have an AGP. Usually I want to open as early as possible, but most often its not warm enough to put the ladder in for a good month or so. I might as well wait until late April or even May to open this year (whenever it hits 60).
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]