Jandy SWG issues with 1400 plc

Feb 20, 2014
California
I replaced my first unit which lasted about 5 years, with regularly muriatic cleanings of mineral build ups. I installed the new unit about 18 months ago, and started receiving code 120 errors. Removed the cell, cleaned it thoroughly, reset system, started up and 120 code remains. is there a specific trouble shooting protocol beyond the cleaning and making sure the contacts to the cable are clean? Anyone actually had a cable fail to provide adequate electrical connection. I hate shelling out another $450 for an product that should last more than 18 months..

thanks for your input. I generally am quite happy with my pool setup with the jandy equipment I have, this one is a little bothersome...

J

Welcome to TFP John!

There are lots of previous threads on this error code such as this one, http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/10670-AquaPure-1400-service-codes-120-121. Use the search function and look up aquapure error code 120 and you might find a thread that meets your needs.

What it comes down to is you need to measure the voltage across the cell to determine what is happening. This error code can lead to a bad board, a dirty cell, or the cell is failing. If you don't find enough information let us know and we can try to help some more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.