Help - System Froze

Mar 23, 2012
Good afternoon! Our system froze during the sub-freezing temps and now our pump isn't working. There was frozen water in pipes/filter and a thin sheet on top of the actual pool. I had set the motor to start whenever temps dropped below 40, but it must have failed somehow.

Now everything is thawed out but when i turn the pump on it sounds like it's on but no water flowing through filters or anything at all.

I am admittedly very inexperienced with the pool but have only had to do routine maintenance up till now.

Thanks!!!

Take the lid off the pump basket and pour a good bit of water in it. If water isn't pouring out the casing, put the lid back on and start the pump again. Don't let it run longer than a minute or two and repeat the sequence if it doesn't prime. You may have to do it a few times to get it to prime.

I poured water in the pump basket and the water went down through the drain hole. Turned motor on and no movement through the pump. There is water in the pump but it stays at the level of the hole.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.