Determining flow rate and turnover rate?

I don't get a turnover everyday and my water is always good. I run my pump on low for 5 hrs and on high for probably 1 hr.

The philosophy that you need one turnover is for the most part a myth IMO. Most pools are just fine with less than a turnover.

Nearly all pools are good with four hours a day of pump runtime, ideally spread out across the 24 hour period in a couple of clumps. The main exceptions are SWG or solar heating or other accessories that requires longer pump run times.

Thanks all, I also read that pool school article which was helpful. Sounds like I'll stick to 4 hours and see how things progress. In regards to spreading out the pump runtime over 24 hours, I'd also like to do that so I can have a couple of options when to add chlorine versus tied to a specific time that the pump will run so I don't have to run it manually when I add the chlorine.

To that end, I have mechanical timers that spin around on gears and get triggered when they hit the little bolt on metal arrows. I noticed there are a few extra bolt on arrows in the box, can I have two sets on the same timer wheel? I assume so since I think those are just dummy triggers that trigger the on/off?

Thanks all, I also read that pool school article which was helpful. Sounds like I'll stick to 4 hours and see how things progress. In regards to spreading out the pump runtime over 24 hours, I'd also like to do that so I can have a couple of options when to add chlorine versus tied to a specific time that the pump will run so I don't have to run it manually when I add the chlorine.

To that end, I have mechanical timers that spin around on gears and get triggered when they hit the little bolt on metal arrows. I noticed there are a few extra bolt on arrows in the box, can I have two sets on the same timer wheel? I assume so since I think those are just dummy triggers that trigger the on/off?

The best time to add liquid chlorine is after the sun is off the pool. That way some of your addition won't get used up by the sun and your set for the next day.

Yes you can add more on / off triggers to the dial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.