Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Nova Aqua Doc?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Nova Aqua Doc?

I searched around and couldn't find much commentary on this piece of equipment, it is an Aqua Doc by Aqua Nova that supposedly does a bunch of things that improve the condition of the pool water through some very strong magnets, the links below are two old PDF ads about the version I have in place. Is this thing legit, is it really a nice feature to have?

http://shop.solardirect.com/pdf/ener...t-brochure.pdf

http://shop.solardirect.com/pdf/ener...m-brochure.pdf
    Built 2003, 14k Gallons, IG Pebbletec, Primary Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Sta-Rite Series 3 S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Fiberstars Jazz Light w/Color Wheel, Polaris 280 Vacuum (Runs Zodiac PB4-60 Booster Pump) and 2 Waterfalls (Run on separate, dedicated 1HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II Pump).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Nova Aqua Doc?

I did not open the links, but I can tell you with absolute certainty, that magnets will do nothing to improve your pool, or house water quality in any way. It is complete hype and nonsense.

If it worked, it would have been adapted for industrial water treatment the moment it was proven. To this day, it has not been
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
    I did not open the links, but I can tell you with absolute certainty, that magnets will do nothing to improve your pool, or house water quality in any way. It is complete hype and nonsense.

If it worked, it would have been adapted for industrial water treatment the moment it was proven. To this day, it has not been
    I figured the same... seems like snake oil. Anyway, well I didn't pay for it so I guess I'll leave it be.
    Built 2003, 14k Gallons, IG Pebbletec, Primary Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Sta-Rite Series 3 S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Fiberstars Jazz Light w/Color Wheel, Polaris 280 Vacuum (Runs Zodiac PB4-60 Booster Pump) and 2 Waterfalls (Run on separate, dedicated 1HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II Pump).

4. Back To Top    #4

Good deal then....and sorry if I sounded harsh to you, I just get frustrated with these outrageous claims.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
    Good deal then....and sorry if I sounded harsh to you, I just get frustrated with these outrageous claims.
    Yeah, I hear you, I found a company/web site that seems to be the original company, but either relocated or re-branded. Those products are $250-$500 brand new! Ouch! I wonder what pool guy was getting a cut for selling those to pool owners?!