My stamped concrete is dangerously slick

Sep 28, 2013
I had a pool built about 2 months ago in the DFW area of Texas. My son and I played on the tanning ledge this past weekend (yes, the water was dang cold) and I discovered that my decking is a liability lawsuit waiting to happen when it gets wet. Can some of you recommend a topical sealer that may help give the stamped concrete some traction when wet? Thanks in advance.

Yes, with Tiah Commercial sealer. I think it is pretty crappy stuff bc most of it is already coming off. I had a falling out with my builder bc he didn't pay the plaster guy and a lien was threatened to be filed on my house (finally the plaster guy was paid 73 days after he did his work) so asking the builder for advice is out of the question.

If the sealer is coming off, you may need to pressure wash it to get the old off. Peeling sealer is a sign of improper prep work.

There is a product called Shark Grip that works well to add traction when you apply sealer. You can get it at Lowe's or Sherwin Williams.

If the sealer is coming off, you may need to pressure wash it to get the old off. Peeling sealer is a sign of improper prep work.

There is a product called Shark Grip that works well to add traction when you apply sealer. You can get it at Lowe's or Sherwin Williams.
May also require some solvent-stripper to get back to a good base. With sun exposure, abrasion and moisture, the stamped route is a never ending battle. Tumbled-travertine pavers should have been my choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.