suggestions: buying a test kit.....

mrwerk

Jan 22, 2013
Hey...

I am buying my first test kit. I read the differences between the 100 and the 2006. I think it will be testing alot this first "whole" year. So I am apt to get the 2006. But, I am residential. So..... what do you think?

The TF-100, while slightly more expensive contains more reagents to complete more tests. The "Test Kits Compared" article in Pool School breaks down each kit more to explain what's included in each kit.

Dollar for Dollar the TF-100 is a better buy the majority of the time.

I agree with Lee ... I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that the K-2006 would allow you to test more than the TF-100? This is one reason we recommend the TF-100 as it has more of the reagents you actually need. And if you want more you can get the XL option to add more of the FAS-DPD testing as needed when SLAMing a pool.

Thanks so much...I guess I must have misread the info in the Pool School.....

I cannot find any info regarding testing the salt level. Can you please direct me to what your recommendations are for performing that test?

Thanks so much...I guess I must have misread the info in the Pool School.....
You may have noticed fewer CH tests with the TF-100 compared to the K-2006 or you may have been comparing the TF-100 against the K-2006C where the latter has more TA and CH tests, but TA and CH do not change quickly so you don't need as many of those tests. You use the pH and FC tests the most and initially until you get your CYA where you want it you use that test as well.

The Pool School article should probably say that you don't test the TA nor CH as frequently since those parameters do not change very quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.