First Ever Pool - Above ground bestway 4.2m slice of heaven

Friggin' minus 5 degrees celcius here this morning.... Enough to freeze the balls off a billiards table...... Billiards is like pool, actually its more like snooker as the table is huge...

Miss the summer so much... End of August is officially the end of our winter, bring on Spring.... :) Pool should be going up in Early September...

I'm still here guys... Patiently waiting out the freezing winter... I've noticed of late my mind is drifting back to the pool... :) Its not hard, with the crappy weather we've been having... I've been crook for 8 days, I just couldn't seem to shake it, hopefully I'm on the mend now.... Miss you guys....

I hope your summer is going swimmingly... :swim:

Meanwhile its blowing a gale here.... :pale:

Wow laceygirl, just read through this whole thread. You sure are a busy girl!
Suffering through the same cold snap you are (Im just south of Sydney).
Had some serious rain and gale force winds here!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi guys, yes we are getting very close to install... :) Starting to get excited.... We're a little strapped for cash, I just spent 9 grand on my ten year old sons orthodontics.... So expensive, but worth it... He has the worst overbite, so we have 2 years of braces for him.... They make him look like a teenager and he's only a baby... :-( But at least they will be off nice and early....Then retainers for 2 more years..... So I am getting there....lol....

We're also going through a lot of hassle for my autistic six year old... I'm trying to get access to a medical marijuana strain that has no psychoactive ingredient (THC) and high Cannibidiol (CBD), and because its medically legal in a lot of states in America they've had some great success with the treatment of Autism... The only problem is, its still very illegal here in Australia and the laws are in the process of changing, so I've had to start writing submissions to the Government on behalf of my son, to have him included in any trials that will be made available... I'm hoping it will stop the constant firing of neurons in his brain, and therefore make him more verbal.... :)

So yeah I've been busy... I'm also listing stuff on ebay as I'm clearing out my garage... I used to own a gift shop, and I've got lots of stock I'm trying to move... Busy Busy Busy... :)

The weather is unbelievable here at the moment... Its only October and its 80 degrees.... Gearing up to set up the pool... Because its been sitting there untended for months, the weeds have grabbed a foothold, and the railway sleepers are way off level.... So we're staring to level again this weekend...

Samson my autistic son learned to swim underwater with googles on this winter... It was at the new indoor pool near my house... We're so very proud of him, its something I didn't think he'd be too keen to learn, but he amazes me everyday.... Can't wait to get him in his new bigger pool this year.....

Rugby League Football is over for the year, and that means its Ugh, cricket season .... :-(

For a good mom it is never ending! I love reading what all you do for your family! We just get a snapshot but it is a loved filled picture!

One step at a time. Soon YOU will be swimming while we are going BURRRRRRRRRRR when we look at our pools!

Kim

G'day all... We're gearing up for an awesome summer here... It was 26 degrees celcius today (78F), and its heading up to 30 degrees (80F) this weekend.... We're still in spring... :)

Dave starts his new job in two weeks so we've got heaps to do before he goes back to full time work.... Need to get the cracker dust here soon... And the levelling begins again... WE ARE IN FOR A RIPPER SUMMER.... EXCITED AGAIN.... :)

Holy **** everyone... We are at the beginning of November at its 32 degrees Celsius (90 for you guys) here... Its beautiful.... I've just ordered my TFT test kit, and had it shipped to MYUS, since you guys don't ship to Australia.... Next week the levelling gets finished, and I buy the insulation for underneath... Things are moving forward, its far too hot to wait... Have to order the water truck also.... :)

4e1083d7bc2900faee0f9f9390051309.jpg

Yay we are on the way more later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.