I have an old A.O. Smith Century Centurion single speed pump (believe it was installed in the early nineties) that I want to replace with an energy efficient unit. I am looking for recommends on a new variable speed pump (if that makes the most sense). What brand and model would you suggest?
Current pump -
1) 2 HP
2) Amps SF 11.5
3) Volts 230
4) RPMs 3450
Pool facts -
1) It is 30,000 gallons
2) One main drain and two skimmers
3) Two return lines
4) Sand filter
5) PVC into and out of the current pump is 2"
6) I have an external timer and external freeze guard (I am fine with not using these if the new pump has them built in)
7) I live in Atlanta and leave the pool open year round. I run it about 10-12 hours a day from May to September and average about 5 hours a day from October to April (this doesn't include the time when the freeze guard kicks on below freezing)
8)No water features, spa, or heater
9) price per kWh averages about 7 cents