wanjayne

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2012
Wichita, KS

Attachments

• Skimmer Return Layout.JPG
    Skimmer Return Layout.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 64
I think you are better off having the returns either opposite the skimmers to push debris into the skimmers or the option, in the corners of the pool so that you can get a circulation pattern going that will take the debris across the skimmer. Since your skimmers are near the corners anyway, I would put a return opposite each skimmer and maybe put the step return on the other side of the steps so it faces the skimmer too.

Okay.. Made a couple of changes to drawing. Now I'm down to 4 total returns. Is this enough, given we won't have main drains? It seems to me there's a consensus here that if you maximize circulation with skimmers and returns, you can get by without the mains. Is that correct?

http://s482.photobucket.com/user/Wanjayne/media/Pool/SkimmerReturnLayout-1.jpg.html

Another question regarding skimmer placement... is there an advantage to moving them around the corner so they're on the short walls but still basically in the corner?

There might be a slight advantage to placing the skimmers & returns on the short wall so that might not be a bad idea.

4 returns should be more than enough and yes, I would agree that a main drain is unnecessary.

Deep return is fine. You really don't need much down low when you are only at 8'.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.