How long to pump, RPM etc...

Enzman

Dec 30, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Check my signature for which pump I have, but it's obviously one of the new efficient models. That being said, what would you guys recommend I have my pump going for per day? It seems a good cleaning rpm for me is about 2800, and I've thought about running for about 1-2 hours a day at that speed, to get my vacuum to keep the floor clean. I also thought about running the pump around 1400 rpm at a couple different times during the day for maybe an hour or two at a time. Any suggestions or thoughts? The pool guy that installed my pump told me that the best time to have your pump going is during the sunlight hours because that's when you lose the most chlorine (at least that's what I think he said). Do I need more circulation for 10,000 gallon pool? Less? Thought about even bringing my pump time at 2800 down to an hour and keeping an eye on how clean my pool stays. Is it user discretion really, or is there more to high rpm pumping than just cleaning?

Four hours of total run time is all most pools need, spread out across the entire 24 hour period if possible. You should run at 1,000 RPM, or the lowest speed higher than that which gets all of your equipment to work correctly. 1,000 RPM is the most energy efficient speed on an IntelliFlo, but you may need to go higher if you have a heater, SWG, etc that requires a higher flow rate.

So basically whatever it takes to clean my pool, and then I can pump at any speed for the remaining time? I have a heater, but it requires @ 1700 rpm or so to run I think. I only use that when I'm running my spa, so that is just incidental energy use above and beyond my normal run time obviously. I'll probably have my pump set to run around 11am then for a cleaning cycle and then maybe a couple hours in the late afternoon at 1000 rpm if I can pull it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.