Fish Eye return port is adjustable?

Xebec

Jun 23, 2008
I think I read, here, that the fish eye return port is supposed to be adjustable. I poked around at mine (doughboy agp) and it didn't budge.

Any suggestions? Or, are some models in fixed position?

I was wondering the same thing about my returns, if they were adjustable for flow direction that is. I have tried to move one of my return eyes before and couldn't get it to budge at all. Is there a surefire way to know whether or not you have adjustable versus fixed returns. My pool is an IGP. Because of this, I would think that they would be adjustable.

Craig

If it looks kind of like this it should be adjustable:
eyeball.jpg

When the PB installed my pool, they left it adjusted so that it broke the surface of the water. I turned off the pump, and used a large pair of channel-lock pliers to loosen the friction ring, adjusted it and then tightened it back up.

Mine is close to that pic, except the edges are thin and have no ribs for gripping.

Would I have to lower my water level to loosen it? Might I damage my agp by letting water through the seal?

I took a gamble and tried to unscrew the cap holding the fish eye. It worked!

I was able to move the eye to any positions, except that moving it too far horizontally or vertically caused the edge of the eye to be behind the edge of the cap, slightly obstructing flow.

Still, I think I've improved the direction of my flow.

Thanks for all the input.

Welcome to TFP!! Cool avatar 8)

With your round AG pool, you want the eye to point slightly away from the skimmer and pointed slightly up (so the return water ripples the surface ~ 5' out) to provide good surface circulation to feed floating debris into the skimmer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.