Zodiac MX6: the new MX8?

Kwikee

Feb 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Just noticed Zodiac now have an MX6 that is apparently smaller then the 8 (but more expensive?!!) I'd imagine it is just the next generation, perhaps an improvement over the 8? I've got a few questions since I'm looking at getting an MX8, maybe this is what I should be looking at? Or has this been around all along and I just haven't noticed it?

It is a new model designed to work with the lower settings on two speed and variable speed pumps. It is a suction side cleaner and works off the pool pump or a dedicated booster pump. They are calling it a robotic cleaner but we tend to think of robotic cleaners as having an on board pump to propel the cleaner using an independent source of power.

Some advice. I bought two mx 8, and for my application it is useless. Reason is this, it has a lot of moving parts I mean a lott!, it get stuck from the smallest amount of debris, any leafs , hairpins, small twig will block this machine. Whereby the good old cluck, cluck, cluck creepy Crawley in my opinion is still the best value for money, and maintenance free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.