Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zodiac MX6: the new MX8?

1. Back To Top    #1

Melbourne, Australia

Zodiac MX6: the new MX8?

Just noticed Zodiac now have an MX6 that is apparently smaller then the 8 (but more expensive?!!) I'd imagine it is just the next generation, perhaps an improvement over the 8? I've got a few questions since I'm looking at getting an MX8, maybe this is what I should be looking at? Or has this been around all along and I just haven't noticed it?
    41k litre (11k gal) shotcrete in ground pool, Hayward super 2, Davey Monarch 28, zodiac SWCG
    - undergoing a transformation!
    2nd season Pool Owner. TF-100 testing
    Melbourne, Australia.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Zodiac MX6: the new MX8?

It is a new model designed to work with the lower settings on two speed and variable speed pumps. It is a suction side cleaner and works off the pool pump or a dedicated booster pump. They are calling it a robotic cleaner but we tend to think of robotic cleaners as having an on board pump to propel the cleaner using an independent source of power.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Some advice. I bought two mx 8, and for my application it is useless. Reason is this, it has a lot of moving parts I mean a lott!, it get stuck from the smallest amount of debris, any leafs , hairpins, small twig will block this machine. Whereby the good old cluck, cluck, cluck creepy Crawley in my opinion is still the best value for money, and maintenance free.
    55000 Gallon IG Fiber glass. 2x 5bag sand filter, 2x 1.1hp single speed pumps.2x weirs. Hot weather high uv.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

You might want to take a look at The Pool Cleaner ... gets great reviews.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!