New Member - 1st Test Results

Hello all

Thanks for this great resource. I am already learning quite a lot already.

We are located in Perth Western Australia and I thought I would post up my first set of results that have been completed with my newly imported Taylor test kit for the enlightened folks on this website to take a look at and give any advice.

Being a relatively new pool owner (just over 12 months) I think that these results seem to be okay, but I stand to be corrected.

Date Hardness Combined Chlorine Free Chlorine pH Total Alkalinity Cyanruic Acid
15-Feb-2014 200 1 9 7.6 140 70

Regards

John

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Your Combined Chlorine (CC) of 1 indicates that there is something in the water that the Free Chlorine (FC) is in the process of breaking down. This can happen even if your water looks clear. Therefore, I would recommend that you SLAM the pool as outlined here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl.

The rest of your numbers look OK, but I would suggest adding some information about your pool in your signature (in particular the pool surface material, water volume, and whether it is manually chlorinated or SWG)

Your CYA is now at the top of the range that you think is ok. So that means you can no longer use tablets in your automatic chlorinator and need to switch to liquid chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.