New Spa Heater's service light is on and LO error msg is displayed

clw72

Oct 24, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
We have previously heated our spa one time with no problems. This is a brand new build all new equipment. Went to heat the spa tonight and the heater wasn't on. Service light was on and LO error message was displayed on the screen. I tried again while at the heater, it ignited and ran for a few seconds then cut off. Service light came on and LO was displayed again. I did a backwash of the pool filter and tried again. Same thing. Anyone know what I should do next? So frustrating!!

Also, is it normal for the filter pressure to raise when just the spa is running? While in normal pool mode with filter on high speed it's around 20psi, but when I put it in spa mode, it raises to above 30.

On my heater, LO gets displayed instead of the temperature when the water gets down somewhere in the 50's. I forget where exactly. I know it's far lower than the comfort zone. It has nothing to do with pressure.

When my service light came on, I just killed all the power with the circuit breaker for about ten minutes and then turned it on. Whatever the problem was, it fixed itself and worked fine after that.

My filter pressure rises as well when it's only going to the spa. Not as much as yours, but it does. I believe it's because a) it's a shorter pipe run, so there's less loss/more water flowing on the intake and b) the jets in the spa are smaller than the returns in the pool. As long as everything goes back to nromal when things are set back to normal, I wouldn't worry about it.

If resetting the power doesn't cure the heater, call it in tomorrow. That's what warranty is for!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.