My pool has been re-plastered (white plaster) for about a month now. The company did the startup and everything looks great so far. Dust cleared in less than a week, a lot of brushing and vacuum helped. The only hand off instructions given to me was that I needed to add chlorine and acid for now.
So Iíve done a lot of testing with the K2006, and here are the results so far (with measurements taken 5 days go as well):
- FC = 0.5 (was 4.0 five days ago)
- CC = 0
- pH = 7.8 (was 8.0+ and I added one gallon of acid to lower it, now itís back to 7.8)
- TA = 130 (was 130-140)
- CYA = 32
- CH = 400 (was 320)
1) Does it usually take weeks for the pH to stabilize?
2) Do I need to constantly keep it in range DAILY?
3) If the calculator calls for adding 1 gallon of acid, is it safe to dump the whole thing in or slowly do it? Just curious if Iím going to need to buy like 10 gallons of muriatic acid or something. I have 2 left =P.
Iíve been trying to keep the chlorine in level. I already added 2 quarts of chlorine since itís dropped down a bit. Since this is spring, would lower levels be safe since nobody is swimming in it yet or should I just aim for higher levels? It does get some sun, but this is Socal weíre talking here. My pump is running about 4 hours daily.