Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Unable to modify thread title

1. Back To Top    #1

Unable to modify thread title

I am unable to modify a thread title from a post that was created on the old forum software. This is important in the Under Construction forum to indicate when you have updated your post with new pictures and information.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Unable to modify thread title

Did you go into the advanced editor for the first post?

That is how Moderators can do it, just not sure about regular members.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, however it only edits the title of the first post once you clicked the thread, it does not edit the title of the thread as it appears in the list of the threads in the sub forum.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have not seen that. Post a link to the thread.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh I see what you are talking about with this thread:
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ted-11-4-13%29

I am not sure what can be done. Looks like the title is now part of the URL to the thread. In the old software, when you changed the title of the first post, it would also change the thread URL ... maybe that is not true here?

Likely need an admin to look at this.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

6. Back To Top    #6

You are correct, the behavior on the old software was exactly what you said.

7. Back To Top    #7

I just change the title in a thread in the test track that was imported from the old system and the URL and title shown in the list were changed, so I am not sure why this is not working for you.

I am going to go in and see what happens if I change it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I went in to edit the first post and it showed your updated title already in that post, so I just saved and it still did not update the thread title.

Note to Admin: I do see if I go to "Administrative" and "Edit Thread" that the old thread title is still listed there. I am guessing if I were to change it there, it would update the thread title, but will not until you have a chance to look. Not sure if this is just a new permission thing where regular members can not update the thread title, or if this has something to do with the thread starting on the old system.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

Regular users now can't change a thread title after seven days, while mods can. We can reconsider this setting if we need to.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Ah, well that would explain why I seemed to do everything just like the old software.

I will go update this thread title for you liquix.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for this post. I needed to edit an Review/recommendation on the SMART KLEEN NC22 pool cleaner. Change to Not Recommended.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

11. Back To Top    #11

Regular members now have 180 days to edit their own thread titles. Press the "Go Advanced" button when editing the first post to access this feature.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

12. Back To Top    #12

If we need a moderator to edit a title past 180 days, what is the process
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by toofast View Post
    If we need a moderator to edit a title past 180 days, what is the process
    Ask one of us
    Or even just posting the request in your thread would work as one of us would likely see it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

14. Back To Top    #14

Ok, I asked in my insane thread from last year - Unexplained FC loss - IT IS BACK AGAIN
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover