New in ground Shotcrete Pool Build in South Florida.

@bmoreswin. Thank you for all the input. After playing around with the plans for a bit I think we are going to move the deck jets around and install the slide across from the house as you suggested, we agree that looking at the slide is much nicer than steps. We also considered having the steps face the spa and the swim out but as ideal as that would be, the slide exit will be too shallow and we are afraid of kids hitting bottom. Already spoke to PB about and we'll finalize details tomorrow

@AlanE. We are still planning on getting the heat pump. Maybe we do some type of combination with a heating blanket of some sort. Gas is just not an option at this time and we rather have something for those cool months.

Thanks you both again for all your suggestions and input. This will be our first pool ever, let alone building one. There is definitely a lot to it and glad to have your help..

Quick update. Plumbing has been started for the pool and should be pretty much done tomorrow. We think we found the tile we liked and everything is good to go, (will upload pictures tomorrow), except we are taking a minor step back. We are tearing down the spa in order to raise the plumbing and place the therapy jets at an adequate height. Pool builder has been more than super through this hick up, will talk to him tomorrow and see how much of a delay this will cause.

Glad to hear you got started. Very exited for you. Can't wait to see some pics. We finished the pool plumbing and re-did the spa plumbing. Electrician was out there yesterday too laying out all the conduit, he's coming back tomorrow to run conduit/power to where the pentair load center will go. Hoping to reshoot the spa here soon so we can move forward with tile and coping installs. I will upload some pics first chance I get.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Jro thanks for checking on our progress

Things are finally back where we should have been a month ago. Very happy that PB came through with no problems what so ever. We should pass final inspection for the plumbing this week. I think PB said right after inspection is passed we'll do another backfill, ground the pool, and start with tile and coping as well as finish electrical. While waiting for shotcrete redo, electricians installed the Load Center and ran power to it from main panel, as well as ran all conduit for lights and GFCI's. PB still thinks we might be able to have a 4th of july pool party:rockon:. This is the progress so far.

Spa Rebar was installed

Spa shotcrete do over

Equipment Pad with Pentair Load Center Installed

Concrete Pad for Slide installation ( Slide comes in monday)

Plumbing completed

Last edited:
Hey AlanE. I know it's hard to tell by the pics but after they finish backfilling, the pipes will be barried about 10" or so. We actually passed plumbing inspection today and they are working on backfill. Not sure how deep they usually burry the pipes, but down here ground is pretty solid. Hoping that's deep enough to not give me any headaches.

The tile selection is beautiful! It will look amazing in the sun!

Thank you Casey. Hopefully tile work will start next week. Electrician coming on wednesday to ground the pool and run all lights.

@ AlanE. I remember following your build, if they were to burry the pipes down 2 or 3 feet they would have to bring out a digger just to trench. I am however taking pictures of every stage for future reference. Hoping i won't need it.

we are just happy that there has been some movement in our back yard the last few days. PB says that the pace should pick up a little bit now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.