Question about aeration and PH

Tuffy

Jan 13, 2014
Ban ampur Thailand
Ok so I have been able to successfully lower my ALK/PH with acid and bring the PH back up with aeration ( mainly running the built in spa jets in the pool). My question is will running the spa continue to raise the PH? Basically what I mean once I get the ALK in the proper range will I risk going to high on the PH by using the spa frequently?

Ok so I have been able to successfully lower my ALK/PH with acid and bring the PH back up with aeration ( mainly running the built in spa jets in the pool). My question is will running the spa continue to raise the PH? Basically what I mean once I get the ALK in the proper range will I risk going to high on the PH by using the spa frequently?
Yes. However, the pH rise slows down as pH gets higher and TA gets lower. You've probably noticed that during your treatment. So if you find yourself constantly adding acid to lower pH, and the TA gets real low as a result, try letting pH hover at the upper end of safe.

You will never risk the pH going too high with regular testing, and proper maintenance of it. The pH will never come to a point of "set and forget". It always has to be maintained over time.

Yes, it will likely tend to rise in your situation, so just be diligent, keep an eye on it, and adjust it as needed. :goodjob:

My biggest worry is I am gone sometimes for 3 weeks at a time and the wife is left minding the pool. She isn't comfortable adding acid so I am worried the PH will get to high while I am gone. I was actually thinking about adding the"PH" system to my zodiac tri but have heard that it isn't reliable.....any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.