Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Emergency Response Needed If Possible - How much snow can safety cover hold?

1. Back To Top    #1

Emergency Response Needed If Possible - How much snow can safety cover hold?

Hello folks,

I'm looking just for general information if possible as I have absolutely no guideline to go by as far as this goes. I'm currently experiencing the snow storm in the northeast and I have a solid vinyl safety cover for a 2040 inground 8 feet deep pool. I'm just curious if anyone can give me an average of how much snow a solid safety cover (By ft or in) can safely hold?

The water level is currently about 12-18 inches below the top of the pool so I'm concerned about needing to shovel off some accumulation. But if i could avoid it altogether that would be great. Thanks in advance!

Pool Details: 40k Inground Vinyl Liner Pool with Mesh Safety Covering

2. Back To Top    #2

Emergency Response Needed If Possible - How much snow can safety cover hold?

Normally a safety cover can with stand a good bit of weight. They can handle a couple of feet of snow.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Emergency Response Needed If Possible - How much snow can safety cover hold?

Thank you so much for the information you saved me a ton of work have a great evening!

Pool Details: 40k Inground Vinyl Liner Pool with Mesh Safety Covering