Who is ready for spring ?

pwrstrk

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2012
Elverson Pa.
I know I am. Just got 14 inches today and they want another 3-6 tonite. There's been snow on the ground since the beginning of January. Last winter got a whopping 6 inches for the entire winter.

Come on spring I'm ready for ya !!

My pump has run more this winter on FreezeGuard than I run it all summer. Geezzzzz.......I am so ready for warm weather!!!!

I'll also take the rain Richard, but for now I decided to get the pool up and running for the DW to start some lessons for some kids that are preparing for the junior guards. The solar panels brought the water up to 75 the last couple of weeks, so I turned the heater on for a few hours and it raised the temp to 85. The water has stayed in the 80's all week with just that little boost from the heater and the DW is back in business:D.

It should not be much longer, a week ago my pool was at 53 degrees, last night the solar panels had raised it up to 71, hopefully none of these cool nights in the forecast the next week or so will get low enough to trigger the freeze protect on the solar controlller, and if so at this rate I may have swim ready water by next weekend with a bit of luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
3eny9ypa.jpg

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Just placed an order for some replacement grill parts...a sure sign that spring is near!

As we get ready to enter March, it looks like we will be experiencing typical North Texas March weather. Highs today and Saturday will be around 80°F, but plunging to a high of 40°F on Monday followed by a gradual warmup to 70°F by the end of next week. Although the temperature trend is up as we progress through March, it will not be without its gyrations. However, March is usually the month where my first swim of the season takes place. We'll see if that happens this year.

My water that was up to 72 last weekend was back down to 68 last night after a mostly cloudy cooler week, and we have another one in the forecast for next week with a couple of nights at or below freezing, just enough to cause the solar heater freeze protection to kick on again.

Ike

What a difference one day makes in North Texas. Yesterday it was around 80 and sunny.....today it's 24 with freezing stuff falling from the sky.
The surface of the pool is steaming. Maybe it's new pool fever, but I have had enough of this up and down weather rollercoaster that we have been on.
Edit: Now we are having heavy thunder sleet!

...I have had enough of this up and down weather rollercoaster that we have been on.

You & me both. We are also getting thundersleet as we speak. This marks the 3rd time I can recall measurable snow/sleet/ice in DFW during the month of March...all of which have occurred within the last six years. Cannot recall any measurable March wintry precip in the 25 or so years prior to that. Yes, I remember some cold/blustery March days dating back through the mid-1980's, but not measurable wintry precip. Wish there was a product called "Winter-Be-Gone". Would have started using it on Dec 7 (the day after the first ice storm of the season). Definitely the worst winter I can remember in DFW from a cold temperature persistence and number of days/nights below freezing standpoint (though I heard 1983 was also particularly bad, but I was living in Florida at the time). It even eclipses 2011, the year of the "Jerry Bowl", and 1989-90 - the year we had a night below zero. After that record cold night, temps were in the 50's two days later and the remainder of that winter was seasonable by normal DFW standards.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.