Who is ready for spring ?

As a result of yesterday's weather (which hit us much harder and faster than was predicted less than 24 hours before it hit), virtually all of DFW has a snow day today...in March! :crazy: I'm showing 14°F this morning (with wind-chills near zero) so the freezing rain/sleet/snow that fell yesterday will not be going anywhere with those temps. According to the local weather "guessers", last night was the coldest night of the season (not in Dec, Jan, or Feb, but in March :!:). We may not get above freezing today, despite the abundant sunshine. Who moved the state of Texas to Minnesota?

The other trend I've noticed this year is that these winter storms have hit us much harder than were forecast even a day or two before. Although temperatures were forecast to fall throughout the day yesterday, we were supposed to be in the 50's for a good part of the day. Were not supposed to hit the 30's until evening at which time all precip was supposed to have moved out of the area. Instead, temps were at freezing when I got up (around 6:30 AM) and continued falling throughout the day. Had an errand to run yesterday morning and temps were 24°F by 11 AM. Fortunately, it was dry for much of the morning, though some sleet was falling by the time I was headed home. Similar thing happened on Super Bowl Sunday...They were forecasting temps to be near 50°F three days before. On game day, we had temps of 33-34°F with the threat of sleet/freezing drizzle. I understand fine-tuning the forecast, but to miss the temps by 20 or so degrees on a forecast 1-3 days out on several occasions this year? C'mon guys...with all the satellites, computer models, radar, and other instrumentation available today, I have to believe our weather forecasting is better than this! :rant:

Since nothing else has worked to rid ourselves of this winter, let me try this approach...I hereby ban winter :whip: :hammer:

I said to my father they are going stop forecasting and start reporting the weather, so they get it right. Pwrstrk I follow John bolaris on Twitter and he reports on Philly.com and he is spot on with the weather.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Since nothing else has worked to rid ourselves of this winter, let me try this approach...I hereby ban winter :whip: :hammer:

Check your buttom Bo. I just came in and it feels like it is still here. :lol: I so agree on the forcast thing. Very similar results here, especially yesterday/last night.
It is indeed :crazy: and making me even more :crazy: than I already am. :D

Come on Spring time!!!

Brushpup said:
Check your buttom Bo. I just came in and it feels like it is still here
Yeah...if it were only so easy to kick winter to the curb (I wish). :lol: At least we never lost electricity during all the winter storms this year, so I'm thankful for that. Still, spring cannot get here soon enough.

I think I could use a "latitude" adjustment! :sunny:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
[QUOTE="Brushpup]...we're one day closer...[/QUOTE] Yep...it's finally beginning to appear that way. We are supposed to be near 80°F the next two days before a cold front drops up to the mid-50's by mid-week. Even with this next cold front, we are supposed to remain above freezing even overnight. That is indeed progress in the right direction!

Water temp 56 degrees expected air temp today 82 degrees ...... we are gonna try a polar plunge later today.
Tomorrow air temp is supposed to be in the upper 50's for a high.
Spring Breakers in North Texas :D

EDIT: We got into the pool today....man it was COLD!!!! :shock: I dove in off the diving board 3 times. That was enough for now.

I'm in South Ga so no snow here this year. Although we got some all around us. It's been crazy. Looks like we have one last "cold" snap before it warms up. It was about 80 yesterday, currently 77 and sun just a shining. Tomorrow is the cold front coming through. 78 degrees and raining TM and Thursday it dips to a high of 56. More rain for the weekend OF COURSE. But temps in the mid 60's. It's been very cold and VERRYY wet for South GA winter. SOO over it. I'm a FL/South GA Boy I love the sunshine and heat personally.

Im just ready for my pool temps to come up. It's cold, IDK how cold but probably 50 or so. i know, I know, thats not "Cold"

Ours has def been a roller coatster. Literally 60s for a couple days then dip to 20 then up to 40 then 20 then 60 then 30. STUPID STUPID WINTER. Theres no Joy of winter down here as its wet and stone cold. No snow days to enjoy either.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.