Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is ready for spring ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Who is ready for spring ?

I know I am. Just got 14 inches today and they want another 3-6 tonite. There's been snow on the ground since the beginning of January. Last winter got a whopping 6 inches for the entire winter.

Come on spring I'm ready for ya !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Who is ready for spring ?

I want to skip spring and go right into summer. We are pretty close. I got a foot and a half last night. And tonight another inch or 2 so far. It seems like rain now.
    1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.

3. Back To Top    #3

My pump has run more this winter on FreezeGuard than I run it all summer. Geezzzzz.......I am so ready for warm weather!!!!
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm still waiting for Fall or Winter. It was 85F here today! I want some rain.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll also take the rain Richard, but for now I decided to get the pool up and running for the DW to start some lessons for some kids that are preparing for the junior guards. The solar panels brought the water up to 75 the last couple of weeks, so I turned the heater on for a few hours and it raised the temp to 85. The water has stayed in the 80's all week with just that little boost from the heater and the DW is back in business.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by samiguy View Post
    My pump has run more this winter on FreezeGuard than I run it all summer. Geezzzzz.......I am so ready for warm weather!!!!
    You and me both! Definitely ready for spring/summer. We will be getting a taste of spring over the next week or so. Temps are forecast to be in the 70's for the next five days.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Ready for spring, too. 120 inches of snow so far and it started the second week of Dec. We may hit 40 sometime next week so I'm hoping to be able just to see my pool! With these kind of winters I'm glad I have a snowblower and a 4x4 truck.
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

8. Back To Top    #8

It should not be much longer, a week ago my pool was at 53 degrees, last night the solar panels had raised it up to 71, hopefully none of these cool nights in the forecast the next week or so will get low enough to trigger the freeze protect on the solar controlller, and if so at this rate I may have swim ready water by next weekend with a bit of luck.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

9. Back To Top    #9

I'm beyond ready and have been for some time. Prepared? That's another story entirely.

So much to do this year, but I am so anxious for always warm weather!!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

10. Back To Top    #10

Went swimming yesterday afternoon. Water temp 89, air temp 85. First swim of the new year!
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

11. Back To Top    #11

High of 36 low of 17. Not even close to swimming!

2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by raidencmc View Post
    High of 36 low of 17. Not even close to swimming!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk
    You had to remind me ! 😕
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

13. Back To Top    #13

14. Back To Top    #14

Just placed an order for some replacement grill parts...a sure sign that spring is near!

As we get ready to enter March, it looks like we will be experiencing typical North Texas March weather. Highs today and Saturday will be around 80F, but plunging to a high of 40F on Monday followed by a gradual warmup to 70F by the end of next week. Although the temperature trend is up as we progress through March, it will not be without its gyrations. However, March is usually the month where my first swim of the season takes place. We'll see if that happens this year.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT

15. Back To Top    #15

Wish that was my weather. Temp at the house this morning was 5. Storm coming Sunday night into most of day Monday. 6-12 inches maybe more. It needs to stop already.
    Jeff

16. Back To Top    #16

I'm ready! Single digits this morning and barely broke 20 today..sick of all the piles of white stuff. Yesterday I saw a skunk..this morning a rabbit..maybe spring is near.

17. Back To Top    #17

My water that was up to 72 last weekend was back down to 68 last night after a mostly cloudy cooler week, and we have another one in the forecast for next week with a couple of nights at or below freezing, just enough to cause the solar heater freeze protection to kick on again.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

18. Back To Top    #18

I am so ready! I made a plow for the eXmark this week just so I could pretend I was cutting the grass! They are saying about 8- 12 and .10 of ice!

19. Back To Top    #19

What a difference one day makes in North Texas. Yesterday it was around 80 and sunny.....today it's 24 with freezing stuff falling from the sky.
    The surface of the pool is steaming. Maybe it's new pool fever, but I have had enough of this up and down weather rollercoaster that we have been on.
    Edit: Now we are having heavy thunder sleet!
    Finally completed March 2014
    IG 27,300 gal 35'x16' 3.5'/5.5'/8' diving pool, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, De FNS 60, 3HP Intelliflo VF pump, Easy Touch 4, Kreapy Krauly Platnium, 3/4 Hp booster pump, raised stone wall w/ 2 stone scuppers, Stonescapes aqua blue mini pebble plaster

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by 737mech View Post
    ...I have had enough of this up and down weather rollercoaster that we have been on.
    You & me both. We are also getting thundersleet as we speak. This marks the 3rd time I can recall measurable snow/sleet/ice in DFW during the month of March...all of which have occurred within the last six years. Cannot recall any measurable March wintry precip in the 25 or so years prior to that. Yes, I remember some cold/blustery March days dating back through the mid-1980's, but not measurable wintry precip. Wish there was a product called "Winter-Be-Gone". Would have started using it on Dec 7 (the day after the first ice storm of the season). Definitely the worst winter I can remember in DFW from a cold temperature persistence and number of days/nights below freezing standpoint (though I heard 1983 was also particularly bad, but I was living in Florida at the time). It even eclipses 2011, the year of the "Jerry Bowl", and 1989-90 - the year we had a night below zero. After that record cold night, temps were in the 50's two days later and the remainder of that winter was seasonable by normal DFW standards.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast