Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cleaner running by itself

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cleaner running by itself

I have an aqualink rs control system. I noticed over the last couple of days that after the program ended for the day (and the main pump turned off) that the cleaner was running. This appears to happen at the same time each day. I have no idea if it is happening at any other times or not. No lights were on for AUX1 (cleaner) or the main pool pump. I went outside and the cleaner pump was running, but nothing else. Same thing at the control center, no lights. I switched to service mode, it turned off and then to time out mode and it stayed off. As soon as I turned it back to auto, the cleaner pump started up once again no lights on the controller.

I reviewed the programs and confirmed there are no overlapping programs of AUX1 and none are outside the window of the main pump.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool cleaner running by itself

Freeze control ??
    Easytouch, Intelliflo, Intellichem, Acid tank with pump, Intellichlor and Autelis network interface.

3. Back To Top    #3

The controller isnt displaying anything and it has been above 45 F. By looking at the controller, it looks like everything is off.

4. Back To Top    #4

How old is the system?

5. Back To Top    #5

Accordingly to documentation from previous owners (we have only been in this house about a year and a half), it was 1998.
    Approx. 14k, IG, plaster, cartridge, 2hp, attached spa

6. Back To Top    #6

Possibly a sticky relay, but I'm not sure.

7. Back To Top    #7

We had pool lights mysteriously going on and it turned out to be the spa side controller going bad. The spa side controller had been programmed to turn on pool and spa lights. The test for that is to bypass the spa side controller. Our pool was about the same age as yours I think.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

8. Back To Top    #8

The weird thing about my situation is it seems to come at exactly the same time everyday...even though there is no program and I have only 1 controller. Ordered a relay and trying that. Next will be wipe out all the programs and start over.
    Approx. 14k, IG, plaster, cartridge, 2hp, attached spa