New Zodiac TRi Ph too good!

Jan 8, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

I replaced an ageing SWG with a Zodiac TRi Ph which I am pretty happy with, I got the large model, the problem is it's too good.

It's summer here and with the timer set to 4 hours and the SWG output set to 60% the Ch level is creeping up.

The solution I was thinking of would be to run the pump for 4 hours but only have the SWG running for maybe 2.5 hours at 100% output but the timers only control on/off they don't seem to allow you to change the preset output level.

I don't have any external panels or controllers.

Do you think I could get away with running the pump for only 3hrs a day with the SWG at 100%, my slightly educated guess would be that my 1hp pump would probably filter around a third of the pool volume in that time.

I am thinking energy saving at the end of the day but if it would mess up the pool...

Cheers
Richard

Thanks!

I was trying to save on wear and tear of the cell, it should theoretically last longer if it's 100% for a couple of hours?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you read this...

Just read it, maybe I might try an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon at 100% and see how it goes...

As I understand it, the percentage setting is an on/off duty cycle, not running the cell at "60% power". The life of the cell is generally dictated by how much chlorine it produces, so it would not shorten the cell life.

That is the way I understand it too ...

2 hours at 100% would be the same "wear" as 4 hours at 50% or 8 hours at 25%.

Figure out how much you need to run the pump to keep the water clean to your liking and then set the SWG to whatever % is required to maintain adequate FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.