LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
Stockton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Coping bricks around my hot tub are cracking as you can see from the attached pictures. I had a couple of pool repair companies look at it but they are not interested in fixing this small section. These bricks are 11-1/2" long, 3-1/2" wide and 2-3/16" thick. So my questions are:
a) What kind of business should I find to do the repair?
b) Is this something a handy person can do and are there any instructional resources for this type of work?
c) Where can I buy the bricks if I have to do it myself. I can't find these bricks at any store in my area. I only need about 20 of these.

Thank you for any guidance I can receive.

Attachments

• Brick 2.jpg
    Brick 2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Hot Tub side.jpg
    Hot Tub side.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Hot Tub Top View 2.jpg
    Hot Tub Top View 2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 31
Not to rain on your parade, but that won't be an easy task without some Masonry skills. Many of those bricks are sawn to fit, and it would likely be best to have them all done at once. Easier too I'm betting, but a Mason I'm not.

You might find some videos on youtube perhaps?

Personally, I wouldn't consider any type of company doing this but a reputable pool contractor.

If you find a pool tile supplier such as NPT in your area, they will have, or tell you where to purchase the bricks if you decide to do it.

Good luck on your project!

I brought in a pool contractor. The sales person gave me an estimate and when I gave a go ahead, he brought in his tech/mason. Now they tell me the coping was not installed right as it is missing some stone under the bricks and that's why the bricks have cracked after 10 years. He tells me they can't do anything and I need to call the original installer to fix it under warranty. I bought the house two years ago and don't have any info on the original installer. What other options do I have?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.