Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bricks around hot tub craking - Where to find replacements

1. Back To Top    #1

Bricks around hot tub craking - Where to find replacements

Coping bricks around my hot tub are cracking as you can see from the attached pictures. I had a couple of pool repair companies look at it but they are not interested in fixing this small section. These bricks are 11-1/2" long, 3-1/2" wide and 2-3/16" thick. So my questions are:
    a) What kind of business should I find to do the repair?
    b) Is this something a handy person can do and are there any instructional resources for this type of work?
    c) Where can I buy the bricks if I have to do it myself. I can't find these bricks at any store in my area. I only need about 20 of these.

Thank you for any guidance I can receive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18K gal in ground, Plaster, three 1 HP WhisperFlo WFE-4 pumps (Pool, Hot Tub, Waterfall), 320 sq ft cartridge filters, MiniMax Plus HP 400 heater, TF-100 test kit, Kreepy Krauly Classic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bricks around hot tub craking - Where to find replacements

Not to rain on your parade, but that won't be an easy task without some Masonry skills. Many of those bricks are sawn to fit, and it would likely be best to have them all done at once. Easier too I'm betting, but a Mason I'm not.

You might find some videos on youtube perhaps?

Personally, I wouldn't consider any type of company doing this but a reputable pool contractor.

If you find a pool tile supplier such as NPT in your area, they will have, or tell you where to purchase the bricks if you decide to do it.

Good luck on your project!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bricks around hot tub craking - Where to find replacements

I brought in a pool contractor. The sales person gave me an estimate and when I gave a go ahead, he brought in his tech/mason. Now they tell me the coping was not installed right as it is missing some stone under the bricks and that's why the bricks have cracked after 10 years. He tells me they can't do anything and I need to call the original installer to fix it under warranty. I bought the house two years ago and don't have any info on the original installer. What other options do I have?
    18K gal in ground, Plaster, three 1 HP WhisperFlo WFE-4 pumps (Pool, Hot Tub, Waterfall), 320 sq ft cartridge filters, MiniMax Plus HP 400 heater, TF-100 test kit, Kreepy Krauly Classic cleaner