Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: surge protection

1. Back To Top    #1

NE Florida

surge protection

I've got a question for the folks in the pool business and serious DIYers. I live in Florida and have a SWG system on my pool. In the four years that we've been in the home I've replaced a number of components of the SWG including tranformer, two flow meters, and two cells. I'm convinced that electrical surges from storms have something to do with it. I would like to know the easiest and resonably priced method to protect your equipement from surges. I have a service box with breakers at the pool equipment and was hoping to hook up some device there. Thanks for any help you can give me.

22K gallon free form pebble tec pool, non screened, surrounded by 3, 100+ year old Live Oaks (pure misery for 3 months every spring) elevated non heated spa, jandy cl340 filter, Pentair Inteliflo 3hp pump, Jandy 1400 swg, infloor cleaning system which has had all outlets removed due to uselessness of system with the organic load the pool carries and now low rp

2. Back To Top    #2
    Toms River, NJ
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG