Can't add picture attachment...

Dec 16, 2013
Sacramento, CA
When trying to add an attachment to a post, it gives me an "upload error" in the attachments popup window that says I have exceeded my quota of space? Says I have something like 400kb max allowable and I've exceeded my quota by 183kb. The picture I am trying to post is only 25kb. I also went back to two of my old posts (I'm a fairly new member with only a couple of threads I've started and hardly any pictures) and deleted the attached pictures to see if that would help but it didn't change anything.

Can someone assist?

delirium330,

I sent you a PM just now. The site only allows for a very small amount of kb for attachments for it's members. The best option to upload photo's is to use a site such as Flickr or Photobucket. I will however look into this as MITS stated on your other thread, this is new software and we're learning as we go too.

Thank you,
Lee

delirium330, you already have three attachments in this post, each around 150K. The total attachment space limit for regular members is 256K, which you are indeed over.

You have three choices. First, you could become a lifetime supporter, which raises the attachment limit to 10 Mb. Second, you could host the pictures somewhere else (I recommend Photobucket.com). Third, you could delete one of your existing attachments to make space. Of those three, using an image hosting site like Photobucket.com is in many ways your best choice. Photobucket.com in particular can handle nearly limitless very large photo attachments, don't cost anything, and can be linked to directly from posts so that the image appears in the post.

delirium330, you already have three attachments in this post, each around 150K. The total attachment space limit for regular members is 256K, which you are indeed over.

You have three choices. First, you could become a lifetime supporter, which raises the attachment limit to 10 Mb. Second, you could host the pictures somewhere else (I recommend Photobucket.com). Third, you could delete one of your existing attachments to make space. Of those three, using an image hosting site like Photobucket.com is in many ways your best choice. Photobucket.com in particular can handle nearly limitless very large photo attachments, don't cost anything, and can be linked to directly from posts so that the image appears in the post.

How did I miss that post! :) Thanks for the detail on the issue and solution(s), much appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.