Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't add picture attachment...

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't add picture attachment...

When trying to add an attachment to a post, it gives me an "upload error" in the attachments popup window that says I have exceeded my quota of space? Says I have something like 400kb max allowable and I've exceeded my quota by 183kb. The picture I am trying to post is only 25kb. I also went back to two of my old posts (I'm a fairly new member with only a couple of threads I've started and hardly any pictures) and deleted the attached pictures to see if that would help but it didn't change anything.

Can someone assist?
    Built 2003, 14k Gallons, IG Pebbletec, Primary Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Sta-Rite Series 3 S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Fiberstars Jazz Light w/Color Wheel, Polaris 280 Vacuum (Runs Zodiac PB4-60 Booster Pump) and 2 Waterfalls (Run on separate, dedicated 1HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II Pump).

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Can't add picture attachment...

It's best to use a free hosting site like photobucket.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi delirium,
    I'm also fairly new here experiencing the same issue. I'll be watching for responses.
    Shotcrete 16'x25' rectangular with a half in 7' round spa raised 18" negative edge spillover, med. gray plaster. 9K gal. 3' sheer descent, 8'x12' wet deck.
    All equipment Pentair. 420 C&C, 400K MasterTemp, WhisperFlo 1hp, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo 2hp, IC40 Intellichlor, EasyTouch Wireless ScreenLogic2 Interface, 3ea. GloBrite LED's.

4. Back To Top    #4

delirium330,

I sent you a PM just now. The site only allows for a very small amount of kb for attachments for it's members. The best option to upload photo's is to use a site such as Flickr or Photobucket. I will however look into this as MITS stated on your other thread, this is new software and we're learning as we go too.

Thank you,
    Lee

5. Back To Top    #5

delirium330, you already have three attachments in this post, each around 150K. The total attachment space limit for regular members is 256K, which you are indeed over.

You have three choices. First, you could become a lifetime supporter, which raises the attachment limit to 10 Mb. Second, you could host the pictures somewhere else (I recommend Photobucket.com). Third, you could delete one of your existing attachments to make space. Of those three, using an image hosting site like Photobucket.com is in many ways your best choice. Photobucket.com in particular can handle nearly limitless very large photo attachments, don't cost anything, and can be linked to directly from posts so that the image appears in the post.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by We_Like_It_Hot View Post
    Hi delirium,
    I'm also fairly new here experiencing the same issue. I'll be watching for responses.
    I looked at your account and you have an attachment in this thread that is 264KB, which also puts you over. Jason's suggestions above are what I'd suggest for you as well.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    delirium330, you already have three attachments in this post, each around 150K. The total attachment space limit for regular members is 256K, which you are indeed over.

You have three choices. First, you could become a lifetime supporter, which raises the attachment limit to 10 Mb. Second, you could host the pictures somewhere else (I recommend Photobucket.com). Third, you could delete one of your existing attachments to make space. Of those three, using an image hosting site like Photobucket.com is in many ways your best choice. Photobucket.com in particular can handle nearly limitless very large photo attachments, don't cost anything, and can be linked to directly from posts so that the image appears in the post.
    How did I miss that post! Thanks for the detail on the issue and solution(s), much appreciated.
    Built 2003, 14k Gallons, IG Pebbletec, Primary Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Sta-Rite Series 3 S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Fiberstars Jazz Light w/Color Wheel, Polaris 280 Vacuum (Runs Zodiac PB4-60 Booster Pump) and 2 Waterfalls (Run on separate, dedicated 1HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II Pump).