Do robotic cleaners save energy compated to suction cleaners?

Milan

Feb 4, 2014
Hi,

Suctions cleaners like the Baracuda G2/G3 etc don't need electricity - and robotic cleaners do. However, I have read that robotic cleaners can save up to $300 a year - is this true? If so - how?
I am tossing between Barccuda G2 and Zodiac V3 (Polaris 9300) for my Viron p320 variable speed pump setup.

G2 is a lot cheaper to purchase initially...

The issue with suction cleaners is that you have to run the main pump fast enough so that they work properly and that usually requires a lot more power than a robot cleaner does. So running a robot saves a lot over running the main pump to clean the pool.

Hi,

Suctions cleaners like the Baracuda G2/G3 etc don't need electricity - and robotic cleaners do. However, I have read that robotic cleaners can save up to $300 a year - is this true? If so - how?
I am tossing between Barccuda G2 and Zodiac V3 (Polaris 9300) for my Viron p320 variable speed pump setup.

G2 is a lot cheaper to purchase initially...

Suction cleaners do use electricity because the pump needs to be running to use them. With your variable speed pump, you'll have to run at a higher speed to use the cleaner.

I'm going with one primarily to avoid having another pump for a pressure side cleaner in place.

Less to break, less energy, and less noise.

I took advice from the experienced to make the decision which also said, you get what you pay for. "More $$$=more cleaning power." So, I spent about the same as what a booster and cleaner would have cost me on a Robot. I'm looking forward to trying it out as everything else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.