Suggesting sub-forum for the Liquidator

Water_man

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Brookline, MA
I'm suggesting a sub-forum for the Liquidator, just as SWG is.
This forum has, IMHO, the largest Liquidator users group on the Net. The LQ, unlike the other chlorinators, is a "match made in heaven" for the BBB method, and its best on-line distributor (as far as price and service are concerned), duraleigh, is also a "Special Contributor" to this forum.
The Liquidator users of this forum not only review the equipment and its merits,
but they are also involved in an on-going effort to tweak and improve its hardware and performance.
All of the above are good reasons to have a dedicated place for the Liquidator, instead of having it in "Swimming Pool Equipment."

Actually, that would be a forum, not a sub-forum, which I don't care for.

I've considered this but am always reluctant to start new forums; however, I think you'll find this a reasonable alternative - I have changed the SWG area to now cover both SWG's and The Liquidator - they are alike in many ways.

When I have some free time, I'll start moving threads into this area.

Thanks for the suggestion. :goodjob:

SeanB said:
Actually, that would be a forum, not a sub-forum, which I don't care for.

I've considered this but am always reluctant to start new forums; however, I think you'll find this a reasonable alternative - I have changed the SWG area to now cover both SWG's and The Liquidator - they are alike in many ways.

When I have some free time, I'll start moving threads into this area.

Thanks for the suggestion. :goodjob:

Wow! This was a FAST move! (many gpm!!)
Thank you.
I'm sure the LQ user community will appreciate it.

This is the last post I shall make on this subject, or probably anything else.

I respectfully disagree with your logic of choosing to put the LQ in the SWCG forum, and your apparent intention to leave it there. As has been pointed out, these two have almost nothing in common as far as installation, operation, and problem/solutions. It's simply a matter of you, for convience or whatever, choosing to do so because you want to, and can. That does not help those of us who wish to discuss, and learn about SWCG's, as we are required by your actions to scroll through totally unrelated LQ threads. It's amazing that there is room for forums about grills, recipes and such, but no place for the LQ except the SWCG forum.

Using the same logic, I/we can choose to not become supporting members of this forum, simply because I/we choose not to. This may sound selfish of me/us, but look at it from my/our prespective.

I have found this site, along with Ben's original, very helpful and I do appreciate all the hard work which has gone into it. I'm sure I'll miss it, as I don't plan to hang around without becoming a supporter. I respectfully bow down and out to you, the maker of all decisions here.

Seems like an immature response, but that's your prerogative. You say "I/we", but you seem to be alone in your protest. I don't know that other members would appreciate being lumped in with you. They have voiced their opinion without feeling the need to be rude or insulting as you were in your original posts, which the mods had to edit while I was on vacation.

We've got around 5,000 members. There's simply no way to please everyone, but we do try, and most members seem to appreciate the effort myself and the mods put out even when they don't agree with 100% of our decisions.

Yes, it's my site and I do make the final decisions. Someone has to have the final say, just as someone has to deal with complaints and members such as yourself. As they say, the buck stops here.

I don't expect anyone to "bow down." That's a ridiculous notion. This is a hobby type forum and we are here to help each other. I view my position here, not as one of authority, but responsibility - one that I take seriously. Compared to a lot of other sites, I think I've been pretty flexible in listening to suggestions, requests, and complaints - often working to improve based on that feedback.

You've only been around long enough to make 10 posts (half of them complaints) so you probably haven't had the chance to see that for yourself. It's too bad you are not able to take the good with the bad. I think the site has a lot to offer for those willing to accept a little compromise. You don't seem to be willing to do that and since you don't intend to post anymore, I'm closing your account.

Sean

waterbear said:
The liquidator actually has more in common with peristaltic dosing pumps than it does with SWGs. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with waterbear. Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWG) pools have different chemistry (higher salt levels), different problems (strong tendency to rise in pH) whereas The Liquidator, like peristaltic pumps, is automating chlorine injection and has nothing to do with chlorine production as with an SWG.

I'm not sure why people get so upset about having these two mixed into the same forum. I think it would be better to have SWG and Liquidator separate but this isn't a big deal and if the issue is one of how Sean makes decisions or runs the forum I can tell you that Ben at The Pool Forum was also the final arbiter who sometimes made decisions others did not agree with.

Richard

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thomslik,

I am honestly stunned at what ruins some folks' day.

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone have a larger cow on a subject that has virtually no meaning. God forbid anything truly pertinent goes awry in your life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.