Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I want opinions on upgrade to automation and swg

1. Back To Top    #1

west palm beach, fl

I want opinions on upgrade to automation and swg

I recently upgraded to a 2 speed super flow and have to manually switch the speeds. I also am in the process of replacing the skimmer basket as it was leaking, and I still have to install the hayward star-clear filter, plus I think one of my valves is leaking. I am interested in putting in a SWG and would like to also control the pump to start in high and after about an hour switch down to low for the next six hours. I am usually not home in the day when the equipment is running, so I am not able to manually switch the motor. I don't need a remote, don't have any water features, have 1 light in the pool, and no spa. I would like to see what you guys think. Since I have to do all this work, now is the time to add the additional equipment. A pool repair guy said that while I have the skimmer out and the water level low, to install a dedicated line for the barracuda instead of using it out of the skimmer. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    IG plaster free form, '04, 1hp pentair super flow 2 speed, hayward star-clear 175 sq. ft. cartridge filter, barracuda G4, no spa or features, screen enclosure

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: I want opinions on upgrade to automation and swg

One option would be a separate SWG and then a second timer to control the pump speed. The dedicated suction for a cleaner would be a nice feature as then you could still maintain some skimming while the cleaner is running. If you did this, you may want an automation system that could control the valve for the cleaner for a short time each day.

The Hayward AquaPlus includes the SWG and would do everything you need. Although I am sure there are other options as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!