Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking to self build/subcontract gunite pool in New Orleans

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking to self build/subcontract gunite pool in New Orleans

Hi all,

I am a house builder and renovator in New Orleans and hoping to subcontract out a pool for my own house. I have watched a ton of videos and almost feel comfortable hiring out subs myself. I juts wanted to see if anyone had any advice for subbing out a pool, as well as if anyone knows subcontractors in South Louisiana including designers. I am looking to build a pretty basic 10 x 40 pool, no more than 6' deep.

Any advice is truly appreciated

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking to self build/subcontract gunite pool in New Orleans

Welcome to TFP!

The only advice I can offer is to do lot's of research. There have been many, many DIY builds posted here' from those doing most of the work, to those sub-ing it out. Sorry I can't suggest contractor down there, but someone may. Hopefully there is enough market to support some independents.

Best of luck on your build.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tremetank View Post
    Hi all,

I am a house builder and renovator in New Orleans and hoping to subcontract out a pool for my own house. I have watched a ton of videos and almost feel comfortable hiring out subs myself. I juts wanted to see if anyone had any advice for subbing out a pool, as well as if anyone knows subcontractors in South Louisiana including designers. I am looking to build a pretty basic 10 x 40 pool, no more than 6' deep.

Any advice is truly appreciated
    Tremetank,
    I'm from just north of you in Gonzales. I should start my DIY gunite in a week or so. I can keep all my contact info and pass them along if you are interested. All the pool guys use mostly the same contractors in the BR area. Except the pool companies that have all their own crews. If you can find a pool under construction then you can get a few numbers and the rest will come from just asking those contractors for additional numbers.

Shoot me a PM with contact info and we can compare notes.

Todd
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana

4. Back To Top    #4

36racin. I am in Denham Springs. I was wondering if you could send your subs info to me also. The good ones. Lol.
    Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by thehuntshouse View Post
    36racin. I am in Denham Springs. I was wondering if you could send your subs info to me also. The good ones. Lol.
    Thanks
    Hunts,
    Do you have a list of subs for the Denham Springs area? I am in Denham and I'm about to start my gunite pool.