Question on my pump motor

Mark R

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2013
Desert Southwest, USA
I've attached a picture, can someone decipher what all this means please. I'm thinking to go to a 2 speed pump and am totally lost.

I know that it is a square flange fit to the pump. I run it 4 hours in the winter and 6 hours in the summer.

Also attached is my filter info. I'm just preparing for a motor fail when I least expect it this summer. Would I need to change out the impeller as well ? Would cost of a new one not be worth it or should I just get this one rebuilt depending on what part gives out. It's about 3 years old.

Maybe I'm being nervous, it's not very loud but I just want to be a step ahead.

EDIT: Looks like a round Flange

uquzapun.jpg

8avynenu.jpg

Thanks

Sent -3 or -8

Last edited:
So you have one 2 1/2 hp pump running your spa, pool filtration, and solar panels in a 12k pool? That sounds like a lot of pump for the job! Your pump label is too blurry to read the other important info, such as voltage and service factor. Can you try taking another shot of the label? Also how far away from the pool are the solar panels? Are they roof mounted?

The driving factor is the spa. How are the jets for you? Only way you can go with a smaller pump would be if you feel the jets are currently too strong.

You could still benefit with a 2 speed by running on low when solar and spa are not on.

y5amuje5.jpg

ru5ypu8e.jpg

Sent -3 or -8

- - - Updated - - -

So you have one 2 1/2 hp pump running your spa, pool filtration, and solar panels in a 12k pool? That sounds like a lot of pump for the job! Your pump label is too blurry to read the other important info, such as voltage and service factor. Can you try taking another shot of the label? Also how far away from the pool are the solar panels? Are they roof mounted?

Pool is about 25ft away from panels and they are on the roof

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.