Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Backwash valve leaking?

1. Back To Top    #1

Backwash valve leaking?

I have a plunger type backwash valve. I just did a backwash the other day and now I noticed it's leaking from the top. Is there a rebuild kit for this? If so, can someone help me out with the PN#? If not do I have to replace the whole valve?

Thanks,

JB
    My pool:
    Built 2004, 14K gal, IG plaster,Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump(1 speed), Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    In Floor cleaning system, Attached Spa with Spillover seperate WhisperFlo pump for jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Backwash valve leaking?

There is probably a rebuild kit, which is just a bunch of O-rings. You'll need the brand and model number most likely. If you can't find that, take several pictures of it and post them here, someone might recognize it. Then google it adding rebuild kit and you should get plenty of hits. You'll need a tube of pool lube to go with it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Backwash valve leaking?

Thanks Richard I will do that
    My pool:
    Built 2004, 14K gal, IG plaster,Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump(1 speed), Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    In Floor cleaning system, Attached Spa with Spillover seperate WhisperFlo pump for jets.