Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Metroplex snow...let's see your pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Metroplex snow...let's see your pool

We got a light amount of snow yesterday. It was nice to look at but I am ready to use the new pool. Ground hog said 6 more weeks of winter.....bummer.

Finally completed March 2014
    IG 27,300 gal 35'x16' 3.5'/5.5'/8' diving pool, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, De FNS 60, 3HP Intelliflo VF pump, Easy Touch 4, Kreapy Krauly Platnium, 3/4 Hp booster pump, raised stone wall w/ 2 stone scuppers, Stonescapes aqua blue mini pebble plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Metroplex snow...let's see your pool

That is not snow, here is a picture of my car from the big (most in 30+ years) snow we had here a couple of weeks ago (it has snowed 3 times now in 3 weeks, which is crazy for Louisiana).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

3 Weeks of Snow in LA!??

That just doesn't happen! Are you crazy or something?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah it has been a bit crazy, first we had the snow shown in the photo above, taken on the morning of Friday Jan 24th, that snow melted fully by Sunday the 26th which had a high in the upper 60's, then we had another snow mixed with ice that was enough to fully coat everything again on Tuesday the 28th, this time it melted less than 24 hours later, but was still enough to mostly shut things down around here. Then we had another lighter dusting mixed with ice, almost enough to cover the ground early yesterday morning, but it was all melted by noon.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

To us it's been a crazy and tough winter. Got another from Mon/Tuesday and we aren't looking forward to it. We are really ready for spring.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

I have no use for cold weather once Christmas is over! Unless we get enough snow to play with, that would be cool! Due to the 2 bad weather closures we had, we will now have school on Good Friday and Memorial Day.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
    To us it's been a crazy and tough winter. Got another from Mon/Tuesday and we aren't looking forward to it. We are really ready for spring.
    I am REALLY ready for spring....here where I live we have had 120" of snow so far this season! It started the second week of Dec. and just hasn't stopped. If I didn't need my job I'd be in Texas with you guys!
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieO View Post
    I am REALLY ready for spring....here where I live we have had 120" of snow so far this season! It started the second week of Dec. and just hasn't stopped. If I didn't need my job I'd be in Texas with you guys!
    Wow ..... now that's too much snow. Hope you get some relief soon.
    Finally completed March 2014
    IG 27,300 gal 35'x16' 3.5'/5.5'/8' diving pool, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, De FNS 60, 3HP Intelliflo VF pump, Easy Touch 4, Kreapy Krauly Platnium, 3/4 Hp booster pump, raised stone wall w/ 2 stone scuppers, Stonescapes aqua blue mini pebble plaster