Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what is this?

1. Back To Top    #1

what is this?

What is that little hole/access port (see picture in post #3 below) ? Mine has a screw off top with a gasket that has turned to dust and the hole is filled with dirty water. The hole is about 1 ft in the concrete from the edge of the pool, directly above my pool vaccum port and pool light niche.
    Built 2003, 14k Gallons, IG Pebbletec, Primary Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Sta-Rite Series 3 S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Fiberstars Jazz Light w/Color Wheel, Polaris 280 Vacuum (Runs Zodiac PB4-60 Booster Pump) and 2 Waterfalls (Run on separate, dedicated 1HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II Pump).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: what is this?

I have no idea about the quota...we're still learning about this new site too! If you post a question over in "forum issues" it'll get answered.

The third picture in that thread is the diverter valve in the skimmer that is below the basket in the second post...probably not what you mean. The "other thing" is probably a setup for an auto filler. We have one, but it looks like a toilet float valve, and has a line going out to the pool. I hope that helps...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: what is this? (updated with picture)

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun View Post
    I have no idea about the quota...we're still learning about this new site too! If you post a question over in "forum issues" it'll get answered.

The third picture in that thread is the diverter valve in the skimmer that is below the basket in the second post...probably not what you mean. The "other thing" is probably a setup for an auto filler. We have one, but it looks like a toilet float valve, and has a line going out to the pool. I hope that helps...
    Ok, I've got a picture, see below. I do have an auto-filler that is about 5 feet from the port in the picture (with float valve, etc.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Built 2003, 14k Gallons, IG Pebbletec, Primary Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Sta-Rite Series 3 S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Fiberstars Jazz Light w/Color Wheel, Polaris 280 Vacuum (Runs Zodiac PB4-60 Booster Pump) and 2 Waterfalls (Run on separate, dedicated 1HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II Pump).

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks like a umbrella holder to me. Ours have the same cover

20,000 IG WetEdge Satin Matrix Northshore Plum, Filled 8/24/12

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by shuye View Post
    That looks like a umbrella holder to me. Ours have the same cover

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Haha, really?! Never crossed my mind. Also maybe a volleyball net (see below link)? I should maybe check for another one across the pool...

http://www.aqua-man.com/itemMatrix_a...roupCode=M4598