Installing Aquador. Worried about liner shift.

Jul 26, 2013
NH
Like the title says... I'm concerned with the liner shifting when removing the stock flange and installing the Aquador flange. Is this a possibility, or am I worrying about nothing?

Anything else I should be concerned with?

Me being overly cautious, If I were going to install one I'd wait till the middle of summer to do it. That way your liner would have some give if it did decide to crawl. You could pull it back in place if it's good and warm. However, I really don't know what the possibility of it moving now is.

I too would wait till summer to install. Less chance of problems.

By the way I have one and it works great. The only thing, when you put it on put some pool lube around the lid on the inside to assist putting it on. It is a very tight fit. At least mine is.

Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing. But I was also thinking with the liner being so cold at the moment, perhaps it would be slow to react to any loss of tension when removing the stock one...if I'm explaining myself correctly.

Well I said screw it and just gave it a shot. Piece of cake. Liner didn't move one bit.

Went to finally install the return plug (ya, in Feb!) and realized I got the wrong size. I have a #9 but needed something smaller.

I guess my next rookie question is am I using the correct plugging procedure? I removed the eyeball and I'm assuming the area that's plugged is just beyond the threads for the eyeball? Looks like maybe 1 1/4" diameter. Is this correct? It gets plugged from the inside, correct?

I know, I know....duh!

If your return is threaded on the inside where you removed the eyeball I would use a threaded plug.

On mine it was just an outer ring that held the eyeball in place. No threads inside the return, so I had to use an expandable rubber plug.

Good job on getting the face plate installed !!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.