Filter woes

JBurt

Jul 8, 2013
El Centro, CA
So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I've got a pentair fns 60 DE filter that isn't filtering DE when I add it or very fine dust particles, which we get every time its windy here (2-3 times per week) so over the last few weeks my pool has gotten very dirty. The vacuum bag is too coarse to pick this up.

I can hear air bubbles inside the filter and upon dissasembly, cleaning and inspection the only problem seems to be that the internal air bleeder assy is torn. The grids all look okay. Should replacing this fix my problem or is there more to it?

Thanks.

It could be the problem, but that wouldn't pass a terribly lot of DE back to the pool. I'd tear it apart and not only inspect the grids very carefully, but also the manifolds and seals. It doesn't take a large tear in a grid to pass a lot of DE/dirt.

You hit the nail on the head.

I cleaned the filter and inspected the cartridges and there was a small spot on the bottom of one about an inch and a half long where the stitching had come undone. I restitched it with upholstery thread and my pool is now clean again. It was amazing how much dirty water passed through that small tear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.