Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out my new toy

1. Back To Top    #1

Check out my new toy

Ok, I picked up a Beertender the other day before a BBQ party. It was a HUGE hit. We polished off 4 kegs before the night was done Could have killed more but I didn't have anymore (bad host). I never thought we'd go through that much but the beer is so cold and delicious it's hard to not drink it.

Once you "tap" the keg it stays fresh for 30 days. The digital display counts down the days, gives you a level of how much beer is remaining and allows you to adjust the tempersture (36, 39, 42f). It is expensive ($300) but I think it's worth it especially in the summer. Currently the only beer available is Heineken and Heineken Light. I enjoy boith beers so it's oK for me but I'm hoping other manufacturers will jump on the bandwagon. It's a great idea. I should note that the keg doesn't have the skunky taste of Heineken in the bottle for whatever reason. The Light is a great beer for summer. Very crisp and refreshing. People who hate Heineken were drinking it like water.

This thread is useless without pics so.............

15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Check out my new toy

Wottle dey thunk up next??

When they get Guinness and Dos Equis Cerveza for it, I'll get one!
    Stay ahead of your water!

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe I've had too much to drink (or not enough ), but I don't see the beer keg?

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

4. Back To Top    #4

It uses mini kegs.

I just saw this advertised last night for the first time. My dad has the coffee version of this, makes a single cup at a time of very good brew, lot's of choices of brands. Hopefully this will catch on as well

5. Back To Top    #5

Minikegs?

And here I was impressed with the original poster going through 4 kegs.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

6. Back To Top    #6

Hahaha, I'm not in college anymore. Yeah they are 5 litre kegs which equal about 14 cans of beer a piece.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

7. Back To Top    #7

OK so I hope there were just 3 or 4 people at your party
    Just kidding...that looks super-cool. I could deal with the Heiny or Corona or Bud Light or Miller Lite or.... okay, just give me a cold one, I'm thirsty now!
    (HEY......We need beer smilies over there!!)
    Todd
    --------------
    Pool: 16x36, 16,800 gal., vinyl, sand filter, SWG & AquaCal Heat Pump
    Spa: Hot Springs Sovereign, 355 gal., ozone/ion
    The most helpful tool you'll ever have for your pool:
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by tnthudson
    (HEY......We need beer smilies over there!!)
    how 'bout this one?

((click on 'view more smilies' for a much larger library!))

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

9. Back To Top    #9

I had about a dozen people or so and none of them are big drinkers. If I had 50 cans of beer in a cooler I can guarantee I'd have 40 left. With the keg though the beer is ICE cold and VERY crisp and refreshing. ****, even my mother in law had 4 or 5 and she never has more than 1.

10. Back To Top    #10

Aww, I would give anything for a Licher or an Cold Blond,thats what we Germans call it...
    But this is way cool, I'll have to talk to Hubby about this one!!!!

Margit
    24' x52" Intex metal frame
    Pentair sand dollar SD60
    Original pump 2500gph

"5 years of BBB, and loving it"

11. Back To Top    #11

Grace, you rock! I should have seen that before.
    Thanks!!
    Have one on me!

OK now I'm just getting carried away...
    thanks again
    OH and cruzmisl, thanks for the great info., what a cool device!
    Todd
    --------------
    Pool: 16x36, 16,800 gal., vinyl, sand filter, SWG & AquaCal Heat Pump
    Spa: Hot Springs Sovereign, 355 gal., ozone/ion
    The most helpful tool you'll ever have for your pool:
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/

12. Back To Top    #12

That is pretty cool. If they had a miller lite one - I'd be set. All beer tastes much better out of a keg. I'm not a big Hiney fan but if it's cold, what the heck?
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by cruzmisl
    .... I should note that the keg doesn't have the skunky taste of Heineken in the bottle for whatever reason. The Light is a great beer for summer. Very crisp and refreshing. People who hate Heineken were drinking it like water.
    The skunky taste you get from Heineken and other beers is due to damage from light. When you go to the store and the bottles are sitting under bright florescent lights thats the worst thing you can do to a beer. With lighter beers like Heineken the 'skunking is more pronounced. Used to be that buying beer in cans was considered ghetto versus the bottles. But people in the know (ie. brewers) will tell you the can doesn't impart any off flavors and protects the beer from light damage. Thats one reason why beer from a keg will always be better than bottles.

Congrats on your ....ehem.... investment

Kevin
    16x32 Concrete IG
    Equipment: Carvin 525sf Cartridge Filter, Jandy Gas Heater, Vortex Solar Panels w/solar valve, 1hp Hayward Pump with 3/4 HP AO Smith 2 Speed Replacement Motor, Aquarite Saltwater Cell, Polaris 280 Dolphin Active 20 Robot
    Automation: Hayward Prologic Controller

14. Back To Top    #14

I should note that they also have Heineken light in kegs too which EVERYONE really likes. I haven't served it to one person that didn't like it. With this and my Margaritaville I need to plan a big PAR-T

15. Back To Top    #15

Well I have to say that this is one really cool find. I don't drink beer that much (pretty much a red wine man now that I'm older, i.e. wimpy-er) but Heineken and St. Pauli Girl have always been my favorite beers.
    Thanks for the information. I'll have to check this one out!

16. Back To Top    #16

If you are loading in Miller Lite, don't invite me to that party....even ice cold I can't drink that stuff. A draft Heineken is OK if frosty cold.

But that's what makes horse-racing. Everyone likes a different horse--or none (been twice to the Meadowlands for company dinners. Betting on the trotters is even duller than bingo--and I'd rather watch grass grow than play bingo).
    Stay ahead of your water!

17. Back To Top    #17

You can also get Mini Kegs of Coors light, and it fits in the beertender. Best addition to my backyard in ages!
    Hurricane Rita did not kill me, but she killed my pool!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so

18. Back To Top    #18

That's cool! Hmmmmm might just have to add that to hubbys xmas list. I love the Heni light. I was very surprised when I tasted it for the first time after drinking regular Heni for years. Maybe Samuel Adams will come out with one too! That
    Samuel Adams Hefeweizen is AWESOME!
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

19. Back To Top    #19

"Dear Santa...I've been a very good boy this year, and I know the perfect gift for me..."
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

20. Back To Top    #20

Or you could step up to this.

I started with a standard Kegerator and modified the tower & tap to handle three brews.

I am a home brewer and make most of the beer I drink myself...it was easier to keg it than bottle it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast