Need to replace aging Aqualink 2 and Awualink Power Center

Jan 9, 2010
Spring Texas
I have a17 year old system that has a few problems and was looking at replacing it. I have a bad temperature sensor and now a relay is out and the jandy spaside is stuck. I do not know if I want to repair a old system. I see the iAqualink like the features. I have a couple questions that I hope you guys can help with any suggestions will be appreciated and will help me make a decision.

1 does the IAqualink replace both the inside and outside controls and which iAqualink do I need
2 is there a good replacement that is not as expensive.
3 can you automate the heater temperature setting.
4 can I add a two speed pump at any time to either system

I have a17 year old system that has a few problems and was looking at replacing it. I have a bad temperature sensor and now a relay is out and the jandy spaside is stuck. I do not know if I want to repair a old system. I see the iAqualink like the features. I have a couple questions that I hope you guys can help with any suggestions will be appreciated and will help me make a decision.

1 does the IAqualink replace both the inside and outside controls and which iAqualink do I need
2 is there a good replacement that is not as expensive.
3 can you automate the heater temperature setting.
4 can I add a two speed pump at any time to either system

1. The iAqualink upgrade kit (IQ904PS) includes a new control board for the outdoor power center, plus a wifi antenna. The OneTouch indoor panel will work fine with the new board. If you have an "All Button" panel, it should be able to turn things on and off, but may not have the functionality to program most of the new features. The point of the iAqualink is to get away from indoor panels and control everything with a PC/Mac computer, or iOS/Android mobile devices. On the last 10 or so installations I've done, the only interface was a computer or phone/tablet.

2. With the base Aqualink installation you've got, your lowest out-of-pocket upgrade will be the iAqualink kit. Instead of buying the Jandy temp sensor, purchase the Pentair version (part #520272). They are identical replacements and are priced about 1/3 less. Replace the relay(s) as needed.

3. Not sure what you mean by automating the heater. On both your old system or the upgrade, you should have a low voltage link from the Jandy board to turn the heater on or off at the temperature you set on the Aqualink.

4. You can install a two speed motor on your existing Aqualink with a kit (part #6796). If you mean a variable speed pump, yes, the new iAqualink includes software to control a Jandy/Zodiac or Pentair variable speed pump. In my experience, I've found that you're better off using a pump that is made by the control manufacturer.

EDIT: I just noticed that your system is an Aqualink 2. If you have that system, you'll need a different upgrade kit (part #IQ-JNDY-RSPS8), which includes temp sensors. Still the best way to go, since you don't have to replace the entire power center, just the low voltage components.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.